I originally was going to grill my chicken wings on my charcoal grill…but due to a windy afternoon I improvised with the oven…I do not regret this! These wings are crispy, juicy and honestly you’d thought they came right off the grill!
- 1-2lbs of chicken drumettes or chicken wings
- Dry Rub seasoning: Garlic powder, garlic salt, pepper, cayenne, onion powder, chili powder and Italian season
- 2TBSP of olive oil
- 1 large ziplock bag
- First lets get out chicken wings seasoned so they can soak up the seasoning for about 15-20 min prior to cooking.
- Put drumettes or wings in ziplock bag. Proceed to add in olive oil and seasonings.
- Zip bag and shake to spread and evenly coat chicken.
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Get a large baking sheet and cover with tin foil to save from a messy clean up.
- Place chicken on foil tray, evenly spread out.
- Put in oven once read, bake for about 15 min on one side, then pull out and flip chicken. Place back in oven for 15 min. (If you think your chicken doesn’t’ look cooked, keep in oven longer–you never want undercooked chicken!)
- Pull chicken out again, reflip so that the ski and then set your oven to broil.
- Place chicken back in oven and let broil for about 5-10 minutes. You just don’t want to burn your chicken to keep an eye on it. Once it looks good to your liking pull out.
- Serve and enjoy!