Ever have stuff in your fridge and think…what can I make with this?! I had some 80 calorie string cheese sticks in my fridge I needed to use up and there came the idea of mozzarella bites! This is a simple recipe, quick to make and they’re really good!
- 3 mozzarella string cheese sticks cut in half
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp salt and pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp of cayenne
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- optional —-1 tsp of red crushed pepper
- You’ll need 3 bowls and a small tray or plate to put into your freezer and an oven baking tray.
- Pour flour into one bowl. Pour Italian bread crumbs and seasoning into one bowl and mix. Then finally put your eggs in final bowl and whisk into a creamy egg wash.
- Put cheese bites in flour and coat. Shake off any extra.
- Dip bites one at a time into the egg wash, then into the bread crumbs, back into the egg and back into the bread crumbs. Set on tray.
5. Once all pieces are evenly coated put in freezer for 15 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. After your 15 minutes, put mozzarella on baking tray.
7. Place in oven and cook for 10-12 minutes. Bites should feel squeeshy and outside crispy.
8. After about 10 minutes change oven temp to broil and let them broil for about 1-2 minutes. Watch carefully so they don’t over cook.
9. Serve with ranch or Mariana and enjoy!!!
One Comment Add yours