I’m ready for fall and this is the falliest of fall recipes! This is the modern take of pork chops and apple slices.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 3 green apples
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 packet of apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- dried rosemary
- fresh sage and thyme stalks
- olive oil
- Put about 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and heat up. Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides and put in pan. Cook each side about 4 minutes, creating a good sear.
- While pork is cooking—thinly slice your apples and onion.
- Next put chicken broth, cider packet, cup of water, Dijon mustard and cinnamon into a bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Once pork is cooked place on a plate and set aside.
- Place apples and onions in the same pan as the pork with about 2 tbsp and sauté for about 5 min until tinder.
- Pour sauce into the pan along with fresh sage and thyme—bring to a boil. Reduce by about half. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a dash of rosemary .
- Place pork back into pan and bring to a low simmer. Let it cook on low for about 10 minutes. Remove sage and thyme stalks.
- Serve and enjoy!