As a child I was very picky and the idea of eating cabbage was the furthest thing from my mind. However, my Mamaw made this and it’s now one of my favorite things to eat! It’s a perfect comfort food and very low in calories! Simple and delicious!
- Small head of cabbage
- one medium sweet onion
- two cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato juice (46oz, found in juice aisle)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 package of ground turkey
- salt and pepper, lil garlic powder
- Cook your ground turkey, drain fat and set in large soup pot.
- Cut your cabbage in small quarter pieces, about half dollar size pieces.
- Cut your onion into large quarter chunks and place with cabbage.
4. Add in your water, tomato juice, cans of diced tomatoes (include juice) and ground turkey.
5. Bring soup to a boil, then turn down temp to a simmer and cook for about half an hour. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Soup is ready she. Cabbage is tender and almost transparent, onions should be the same.
7. Serve and enjoy!!!